Dongguan City Haiwei Intelligent Equipment Incorporated Company
To order a suitable coil line, can save cost and time, reduce risk in the future. Before selecting, do some works.
1. Calculate line utilization according to your production.
Coil ID, OD, thickness, feeding pitch, and stroke per minute to get a data. How long time you need to load a new coil? How long time stop for loading?
To select suitable OD or convenient loading car to save loading stop time.
2. Select a whole system.
3. Seek advice from experts.
3.1 Consult with those who have performed similar applications. While naturally guarded in their proprietary interests, metal stampers are a practically unique community in their willingness and ability to share worthwhile tips with fellow citizens.
3.2 Use the expertise of your material suppliers. They have encountered all the imaginable conditions with the material they handle, often have to solve problems for their own production interests, and are aware of most of the treatments other users have applied to difficult conditions.
3.3 Discuss the application and equipment thoroughly with experienced and knowledgeable representatives of the coil handling equipment manufacturers. There is no substitute for having these people to your plant to see the type of work you are doing, judging the utilities and space available, and recommending what is the best for your individual needs.
4. Secure good thorough data from your equipment suppliers. Literature, quotation presentations, equipment sizes, space requirements, and systems layout drawings are essential to letting you know what to expect in the equipment you are buying. As the motel people are fond of saying, “the best surprise is no surprise”.
5. Don’t seek “catch all”. Do not try to make coil line a universal catchall for every conceivable stamping operation in your plant, or that you can think of. Someone, somewhere will come up with equipment to cover it all, but it is going to be far more expensive than what you anticipated or really need, and it is not going to operate efficiently in the bulk of your applications. Three relatively simple coil lines can be purchased for a lesser cost than one master line, and operate far more efficiently within their limited ranges.
Today, the most versatile, press feeder is the Servo Roll Feed. Quick changeover, superior accuracies, increased productivity are some of the many Advantages of Servo Feeds.
Just-in-time production. Servo Feeds help meet the demands of JUST-IN-TIME production by enabling quick changeover from job to job. Feed lengths can be changed in just seconds to three decimal increments.
Quick setting of parameters. Not only feed lengths, but speeds, batch counts and other job parameters are QUICKLY SETTABLE by the thumbwheel or keypad inputs provided.
1. Hard chrome plated feeding rollers. If strip is normal material and thickness is less than 4.5mm, NC servo roll feeder is OK. This is essentially a shot-blasted surface, chromed over, for high traction and wear ability. It can be purchased in several levels of coarseness suited to the individual application.
2. Polyurethane coated feeding rolls. If your material is thin and strip surface quality requirement is critical should no pressure mark, no scratch etc., it’s better the upper feeding roller coated with polyurethane coated rolls for protection of ultra-sensitive stock. It is necessary to keep such rolls extremely clean to prevent foreign bodies from imbedding and causing even more marking than conventional rolls.
3. Sand blasted rolls. Stock is pre lubricated or has a slick pre-finish such as galvanized. In many cases, simply sand-blasting the feed rolls will result in adequate traction to overcome the slippage and inaccurate feeding that slick surfaces can cause.
4. Knurled rolls. Feed rolls can also be knurled to provide extraordinary traction. It should be cautioned that this treatment may tend to mark stock and should not be used if surface finish is critical.
Why a straightener machine need to be equipped in the feeding line? Because the strips pay off from the coil is flexural and with much stress in the strip, the strips should be flat and easy to enter the dies, further more, the stress should be clear up. A suitable straightener machine can do the job, so the straightener should be equipped in the press feeding line.
How to select a suitable straightener? It was determined by material type, material width and thickness, straightening tolerance requirements etc. the thicker the material the larger in diameter the rolls must be to apply adequate pressure to straighten without flexing or worse. Heavy materials then, generally require fewer rolls of larger diameter. The thinner the material, the wider the range of set, so that thin materials usually require more straightening rolls.
Recording roll settings. Most coil stock straighteners have calibrations to determine roll settings for a particular material. There is an absolutely infinite variety of settings for particular models and materials, so no one can specifically advise proper settings. Initially, it is a trial and error experience, but once proper straightness is obtained for a particular material in a particular straightener the calibrations should be recorded and filed with the die or job sheet, never to have to be experimented with again.
Using dial indicators. For particularly intricate straightening requirements, and where more specific roll setting information is desired, dial indicators can be installed on straighteners in place of reference calibrations. Remember to establish a common starting point for all adjustments when using dial indicators.
1. Single-section & double-section straightener machine. If your material is thin and strip surface quality requirement is critical: strip surface should be very flat and smooth no pressure mark, no scratch etc., it’s better to choose high precision straightener machine. It’s suitable for 0.1-0.6mm thickness metal strips. It equipped with a few straightening rollers with diameter of 20mm, roller material is 40Cr finished heat treated, hard chrome plated, grind etc.
2. Flip-top stock straightener machine. If material is thin and soft, strip surface quality requirements requirement is critical. It’s better to choose flip-top straightener machine. The straightening part is open type, convenient to clean the roller set, keeping the rollers clean and pressure mark on the strip.
3. Medium duty stock straightener machine. It suitable for metal thickness of 0.5-2.5mm thickness. The straightener equipped with 7 straightening roller, upper 3/lower 4.
4. Heavy duty stock straightener machine. There are usually two series: one is for 0.5-4.5mm thickness metal strips and the other is for 1.0-6.0mm thickness metal strips. It equip with 7pcs straightening rollers (upper 3/lower 4), strips were pressed by 4 big cylinders and straightening part adjustment adopted synchronous worm-gear system.